Given the rapid spread of COVID-19, it’s important that each and every one of us takes responsibility for our health at this time. Aside from social distancing, being diligent about hand-washing and eating a diet rich in natural antiviral compounds, it’s also crucial that you flood your system with immune boosting compounds, such as vitamins C and D, via targeted supplementation.
- Take responsibility for your health. Aside from social distancing, being diligent about hand-washing and eating a diet rich in natural antiviral foods, it’s also crucial to flood your immune systems with targeted supplementation at this time.
- Top supplements include: Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, probiotics, colloidal silver, oxygen drops, magnesium chloride, iodine, selenium and hemp extract.
- Stock up on these, and other immune-boosting essentials including our wild-caught Pacific cod and Alaskan salmon, 100% Pastured Chicken Bone Broth™, Detox Pure Packs and CellFood® drops. Curbside pickup is available between 10am and 4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call ahead at 630.968.9355 to place your order.
By flooding your body with the right nutrients, you bolster the immune system and support detoxification pathways that arm you with the ability to fight off and effectively eliminate any pathogens that come in your way. In collaboration with Nourished® Medical Consultant Dr. Barbie Allegretti, we deemed the following supplements as most important for your body at this time:
- Vitamin C – the #1 supplement recommended for Coronavirus prevention. Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient and potent antioxidant that’s well-known for its ability to improve white blood cell production and strength, boosting the body’s ability to fight infection. Although small amounts are typically contained within a multivitamin, such as our Detox Pure Pack, almost everyone can benefit from additional vitamin C supplementation at this time.
- Food sources: strawberries, broccoli, bell peppers, lemons, oranges, grapefruit and parsley
- Vitamin D3 – found in our Detox Pure Pack, vitamin D has potent antimicrobial and inflammation-fighting properties that help eliminate bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses. Therefore, it plays a crucial role in your immune response. Every single one of your 100 trillion cells has a receptor for vitamin D. With a systemic effect so powerful, vitamin D is actually classified as a hormone rather than a vitamin.
- Food Sources: egg yolks, cremini mushrooms and Nourished® Alaskan Sockeye salmon which contains 70% of your RDI!
- Probiotics – with 70-80% of your immune system in your gut, it’s crucial that you keep your microbiome balanced in order to fights colds, flu and infection. Probiotics promote natural antibody production and strengthen epithelial tissues, thereby helping to defend against immune-exhaustive inflammation.
- Food Sources: sauerkraut, miso, kombucha and yogurt
- Colloidal Silver – this bio-active solution can be applied topically for wound healing or taken internally for a natural, broad-spectrum antibiotic. Effective at killing 650 different types of harmful microorganisms, including HIV-1 and most viruses, silver nanoparticles work by binding to the DNA of virus cells and preventing multiplication.
- CellFood® – oxygenating the body is crucial for energy production, immune strength, respiratory health, detoxification, cellular damage control and nourishment. In addition to oxygen, this liquid concentrate also provides trace minerals, enzymes and amino acids which assist the body in self-healing at a deeper cellular level.
- Magnesium Chloride – magnesium is responsible for up to 800 different functions in the body, including stress-management and improved white blood cell activity. According to Dr. Mark Sircus, magnesium chloride has a unique healing power on acute viral and bacterial diseases. The magnesium oil spray we offer is a topical solution that diffuses right into the bloodstream, offering a fast-acting solution.
- Iodine – this potent, natural antibiotic fights against bacteria, mold, yeast, viruses and other pathogens without compromising good gut bacteria. By supporting the thyroid, it also helps boost immunity and cellular repair. Iodine is so powerful that most bacteria are killed within 15 to 30 seconds of contact.
- Food sources: sea vegetables (kombu, dulse, nori, wakame), scallops, wild-caught cod and salmon, and Nourished® 100% Pastured Chicken Bone Broth™ (contains 60 mg per cup)!
- Selenium – this essential micronutrient is essential for the production of glutathione, our body’s most powerful antioxidant. Adequate selenium intake is incredibly important for inhibiting viral replication and protecting the cells against oxidative damage that may be caused in the process.
- Food sources: brazil nuts, wild-caught cod and salmon, eggs and brown rice
- Hemp Extract – Our lab-verified, 100% full spectrum spagyric hemp extracts offer high levels of naturally occurring cannabinoids, including primarily CBD (cannabidiol). These cannabinoids have an anti-inflammatory effect. In addition to supporting the immune system, these natural plant compounds act as adaptogens, exerting a sense of calm over the nervous system. Helpful at reducing stress and anxiety, hemp extract has also been shown to improve sleep quality.
From wild-caught Alaskan cod and salmon to our 100% Pastured Chicken Bone Broth™, we have you covered when it comes to eating for immune health. That said, now is the time for supplemetation, too! Take advantage of our curbside pickup, available between 10am and 4pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Call ahead at 630.968.9355 to order your Detox Pure Packs, Vitamin C capsules, probiotics, colloidal silver, CellFood® drops, magnesium oil spray and hemp extract—the essentials you need to keep your immune system going strong.
Tired of cooking? Don’t forget to stock up on our frozen essentials so your family can come together around the table with a sense of comfort and ease. Our organic, gluten-free, dairy-free and nutrient-packed family-friendly soups, ready-to-blend Superfood Smoothies, immune-boosting Flu Bombs AND MORE. Browse our Kitchen Market Menu and call now to get your order in—we’re currently selling everything listed. We’re grateful for your continued support, and we’re here to support you. Be well, stay safe and remember—we’re in this together.