The human body is a self-healing mechanism. With 100 trillion cells that are hard at work 24/7 extracting nutrients from food, detoxifying the junk and repairing damage, the body’s natural inclination is to thrive—we just get in the way! From sleepless nights to an over-reliance on sugar and caffeine, the more we push our bodies, and the less nourishment and restoration we have, the more predisposed we are to symptoms, illness, disease and inflammation.
- From pain, swelling and redness to bloating, acne and fatigue, inflammation is your body’s natural response to insult, injury or infection.
- Although it’s the catalyst for healing in the short-term, chronic inflammation can damage healthy cells, tissues and organs, and create acute pain.
- Daily meditation, dietary modifications and self-care will help you get to you manage inflammation and get to your healthiest, most balanced self.
- From our magnesium products to our One-Day Soup Cleanse, Master 3-Day Detox, Inflammation Fighter Smoothie, Adaptogenic Golden Milk Latte, and Anti-Inflammatory Soup and Seasoning Blend, we have a variety of offerings that will help you manage your pain and inflammation. Stop in Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm to shop and explore!
From pain, swelling and redness to bloating, acne and fatigue, inflammation is your body’s natural response to insult, injury or infection. Although it’s the catalyst for healing in the short-term, chronic inflammation can damage healthy cells, tissues and organs. Furthermore, the buildup of fluids and resultant swelling can push up against the nerves and create acute pain. An anti-inflammatory diet and daily stress-management techniques are KEY to managing pain and other inflammation-related symptoms.
Here are the top 3 anti-inflammatory rituals we recommend:
- Eat an Anti-Inflammatory Diet – food is powerful. It can either be your safest medicine or slowest form of poison. Since 70-80% of your immune system is located in your gut, what you eat has a direct effect on your levels of inflammation. Eating an anti-inflammatory diet helps with pain management, immunity, the metabolism and weight, digestion, disease prevention and so much more.
Put it into practice: load up your plate with anti-inflammatory foods such as brightly colored vegetables, dark leafy greens, wild-caught salmon, walnuts, hemp seeds, organic berries, onions, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Between meals, sip on our 100% Pastured Chicken Bone Broth. Rich in glutamine, lysine, proline, minerals, collagen and gelatin, bone broth helps lubricate the joints, strengthen the bones, heal the gut and boost the immune system.
Right alongside foods to include are those to avoid. Sugar, packaged and processed foods, conventional animal products, wheat and white flour products are just a few of the top ingredients that we recommend avoiding to keep inflammation at bay.
It’s important to note that nobody is perfect, and while periodic indulgence is part of a healthy lifestyle, so is detoxification—and we have you covered! Join us for our Master 3-Day Detox Program. Offered once a month, this all-inclusive weight loss program is a quick way to recharge, shed a few pounds, and of course, detoxify!
Ready to do something now, or does 3 days sounds like too much for you? Stop in Monday-Friday for our One-Day Soup Cleanse–no call-ahead, pre-order or registration necessary. Popular post weekends, holidays and vacation, a day of “souping” offers a digestive system reset to help fight bloating. Plus, try our anti-inflammatory items including our Inflammation Fighter Smoothie, Adaptogenic Golden Milk Latte, and Anti-Inflammatory Soup and Seasoning Blend!
- Magnesium Salt Baths – magnesium is an essential mineral that’s responsible for up to 800 different functions within the body, yet 80% of Americans are deficient! Although you can eat magnesium-rich foods or take a supplement, applying it to the skin is a direct shot to the bloodstream. Thus, when you soak in a magnesium salt bath, the magnesium is quickly absorbed and delivered to each of your 100 trillion cells, rather than going through the entire process of digestion.
This self-care practice helps relax the muscles, calm inflammation and improve sleep quality. With more relaxation comes less stress, tension and pain. Furthermore, when you sleep well at night, the body has a full opportunity to heal.
Put it into practice: Fill your bathtub with hot water. Add 1-2 cups magnesium bath flakes – available for purchase at Nourished® – and once the tub is full, shut off the water. Immerse your body and soak for at least 20 minutes (preferably a full half hour for a more therapeutic dose). To make this more of a relaxing experience, feel free to add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the tub, dim the lights, or turn them off completely and light a few candles. Relax and enjoy this practice before bed for yet another way to encourage better sleep.
Not a bath person? Try our Magnesium Oil, instead. Before bed, apply 2-3 sprays on the bottom of each foot, rub in, and cover with socks to penetrate overnight.
- Body Scan Meditation – this healing practice activates and reinforces different areas of the brain that are used in pain processing. While helping you gain awareness of the location and intensity of your pain, it will also help you work through stress, lower inflammation and boost pain-relieving endorphins.
Put it into practice: start by lying flat on the ground or seated in a cross-legged position, with a pillow under your tailbone, lower back or head, if desired. Once situated, quiet your mind and focus your attention on the sensations of the body. Take at least 5 deep belly breaths, and with your focus remaining inward, allow the trunk and branches of your body to grow heavy.
Relax any obvious tension first. Then, focus your mind on your face and head – are you clenching? Do your eyes hurt from staring at a screen all day? Are you experiencing any areas of tension or throbbing? If so, inhale your breath into the site of pain and exhale to release it, taking as many breaths as needed to dissolve the pain.
Once that area is relaxed, move on to your neck and run your body through the same process, inhaling and exhaling until the pain dissipates. Next, your shoulders and arms. Then, your torso, legs and finally, your feet and toes.
This is a great practice to do right before bed because it allows your body to release the tension from the day and fully rest for a good night’s sleep.
Daily meditation, dietary modifications and self-care practices such as magnesium salt baths will help you get to your healthiest, most balanced self. When combined, these three rituals will help you fight inflammation, ease aches and pain, sleep well at night and beat bloating. The more that you incorporate them into your daily regime, the better you will feel, look and function! Need we say more?!