New year. new decade. new you! If you’re like most, the holidays have left you feeling heavy, sluggish and scatterbrained. We have the perfect solution: a detox! Overindulging in food and alcohol, and putting sleep and self-care on the back burner can leave the body feeling weighed down physically, mentally and emotionally. When you rid the body of toxins, inflammation subsides, the brain resets and weight naturally falls off.
- If you’re like most, the holidays have left you feeling heavy, sluggish and scatterbrained. We have the perfect solution: a detox!
- In 2015, EcoWatch claimed that there are approximately 84,000 different chemicals on the market. With this number continually on the rise, detoxification is becoming more of a necessity than a luxury—essential for health, disease-prevention and longevity.
- Flushing chemicals from the liver, kidneys, blood, bowels, lymphatic system and brain helps decrease weight, pain and inflammation while improving energy, mood, brain power, digestion and skin health.
- The all-inclusive Nourished® Seasonal 3-Day Detox is carefully designed to take you through all phases of liver detoxification, assisting in the release of toxins, and more importantly, their removal from the body. Detox with us on January 7 or January 21 to start your 2020 off right!
In our modern world, toxins are everywhere. From car exhaust that you inhale to the foods you eat, water you drink and personal care products that you apply to your skin, you’re constantly exposed. In 2015, EcoWatch, a leading environmental news website, claimed that there are approximately 84,000 different chemicals on the market, many of which we come in contact with every single day. With new chemicals being introduced and discovered every day, this number continues to rise. Although exposure is inevitable, when you support your detoxification pathways, you facilitate the removal of toxins before they accumulate and create irreversible damage. Detoxification has become more of a necessity than a luxury when it comes to health, disease-prevention and longevity.
“Detoxification” is a buzz word that garners a lot of attention at the start of a new year. January is a time to refocus and reset, which goes hand-in-hand with purging the things that no longer serve. From juice cleanses and water fasts to powders and supplements, there is certainly no shortage in protocols available on the market. However, detoxing is not something to take lightly. If done incorrectly, toxic byproducts can recirculate, create a flurry of free radicals and damage healthy tissues.
The all-inclusive Nourished® Seasonal 3-Day Detox is carefully designed to take you through all phases of liver detoxification. In Phase I, stored toxins are released into the blood stream. After these toxins become water-soluble in Phase II, they can safely be removed from the body via sweat, urine or bowels. If you’ve embarked on a detox before and felt awful – hangry, shaky, lightheaded and nauseous – you were likely releasing toxins faster than your body could remove them. The Nourished® protocol introduces nutrients in a specific order that aligns with the phases, and thereby, encourages proper elimination for the safest, most effective (and least unpleasant) way to rid your body of toxins.
The benefits of detoxification are widespread and include:
- Weight Loss – many chemicals including phthalates, BPA, parabens, and heavy metals cause weight gain—so much that they are even classified as “obesogens.” They do so by either increasing the number or size of fat cells, creating inflammation, or disrupting the hormones responsible for metabolism, hunger, craving and sleep regulation. Furthermore, since your liver is the top fat-burning organ, when you cleanse, your body naturally becomes more efficient at burning fat. Although results vary, the average person loses about 2-3 pounds on our 3-Day Detox.
- Increased Energy – digestion is one of the most energetically-demanding processes for the body. When you eat light, clean anti-inflammatory foods, your digestive system gets a much-needed rest and the body recalibrates. Energy increases, hormones rebalance and the immune system has the opportunity to remove damaged, mutated or potentially cancerous cells.
- Decreased Joint Pain – acidic waste from sugar, alcohol and processed food causes joint pain, swelling and stiffness. When you remove these substances and flood the body with alkalizing nutrients, inflammation subsides and healing is able to take place.
- Reduced Cravings – a few consecutive days of clean, light nutrient-dense eating helps reset hunger and cravings. The abundance of nutrients; elimination of trigger foods, processed salt and sugar; and deeper, more restorative sleep that comes with a detox helps reset the taste buds. Cravings shift – instead of hyperpalatable, unhealthy processed foods, your body starts calling for simple flavors coming from real, whole unadulterated foods.
- Sharper Brain – a buildup of toxins such as heavy metals and persistent organic pollutants can trigger mitochondrial dysfunction, metabolic deficiencies, immune system suppression and inflammation in the brain. As you remove these harmful substances, the brain cleanses itself and makes way for a sharper memory, improved focus and higher cognitive function.
- Clearer Skin – the skin is your largest organ and a primary channel for elimination. Removing toxins lends itself to less acne, smaller pore size and more even skin tone.
- Improved Immune System – 70-80% of your immune system resides in the gut. When you eliminate inflammatory foods and flood the body with nutrients such as vitamins A and C, collagen, and gelatin, you allow the gut to heal. When digestion is strong and the gut healthy, your system is more efficient at fighting off colds, flu or infection.
Detoxification is nothing new. From fasting to enemas and herbal remedies, it’s a practice that has been utilized across cultures and religions since the beginning of time. And for good reason – the purging of toxins, be it from food, emotions or chemicals, flushes the liver, kidneys, blood, bowels, lymphatic system and brain. Cleansing the fluids, brain and body helps decrease weight, pain and inflammation, while improving energy, mood, brain power, digestion and skin health. Start off your 2020 with motivation, a clear perspective and body confidence by undergoing a seasonal detox. For more information, call the office at 630.You.Well (968.9355). Cheers to a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!