From fine lines and wrinkles to osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s disease, anti-aging techniques are a must. Whether you’re in your 20s, 30s or 60s, protecting your bones, maintaining elasticity in the skin, keeping your heart strong and preserving your memory should be top priority. The good news is that there are many things you can do on a daily basis to protect your cells from the oxidative (cellular) damage that is inevitably responsible for creating these undesirable side effects.
- The skin is your largest organ and a true reflection of your internal environment.
- When you take care of yourself, the skin is glowing, cheeks rosy, whites of the eyes bright, nails strong and breath naturally fresh.
- Top anti-aging techniques include daily bone broth, rebounding, drinking lemon water and matcha, using emu oil and occasional fasting.
- Our Kitchen Market and Wellness Boutique offer a variety of anti-aging products: pastured chicken bone broth, collagen- and antioxidant-rich superfood smoothies, detoxifying soups, wild-caught Alaskan salmon and emu oil. Shop Monday through Friday, from 9am to 6pm!
We’re going beyond the typical suggestions – i.e. eat more vegetables, drink more water, improve sleep quality and lower stress levels – and providing powerful and approachable lifestyle techniques that can be easily incorporated into your daily routines. Help prevent the aches, pains and slowdown commonly associated with “just getting older” by implementing these top 10 anti-aging tips:
- Wake up with warm lemon water – vitamin C in citrus fruit helps boost the body’s natural production of collagen. Plus, infused water contains essential minerals that assist in hydrating the cells and plumping the skin.
- Drink bone broth – packed with skin-smoothing collagen, gut-healing gelatin, bone-strengthening minerals and muscle-building protein, most people can benefit from drinking 1-2 cups of this medicinal elixir per day. Stop in our Kitchen Market for our homemade pastured chicken bone broth – you won’t find a better tasting one on the market!
- Eat microgreens – sprout-like in appearance, microgreens are the earliest stage of development in vegetables such as kale and broccoli. This gives them up to 40 times more nutrients as their mature counterparts. A sprinkle a day on soups or wraps, in salads, or even added to smoothies helps to flush toxins from the liver, mineralize the bones and balance hormones.
- Add medicinal mushrooms – reishi, chaga and cordycepsm mushrooms, to name a few, have stress-relieving properties and inflammation-fighting antioxidants. Available in dry powder forms, 1 teaspoon in your smoothie, soup or coffee helps ward off cold and flu, while preventing the free radical damage that accelerates the aging process.
- Rebound – bouncing on a mini trampoline is a low-impact cardiovascular activity that helps move the lymph. This clear fluid contains white blood cells that help fight infection and detoxify the body. We recommend rebounding at least 3 times per week for 15 minutes to keep the bones, heart and immune system strong.
- Take cold showers – brief exposure to cold temperatures creates a stress response within the body that boosts circulation, accelerates healing, carries inflammation away from the tissues and helps detoxify the cells. A 30-second blast at the end of a hot shower will also tighten the pores and lock in natural oils, promoting a youthful glow.
- Swap coffee for matcha – packed with antioxidants, chlorophyll and vitamin A, this fine-ground green tea powder provides a caffeine boost without the crash. Consuming 1-2 teaspoons per day in the form of a latte or smoothie aids weight loss, accelerates brain function, energizes the cells, clears the skin and fights damage caused by overexposure to the sun.
- Use a satin pillow case – in comparison to cotton, flannel and wool, the smooth surface of satin’s natural fibers reduces friction between the pillow and your skin. Benefits of this easy upgrade include less wrinkles, frizz and bedhead.
- Use emu oil – unlike plant-based oils such as almond or coconut, this anti-inflammatory oil has an unique ability to penetrate to the deeper dermal layers. Apply at night for an anti-aging serum, atop cuts for accelerated healing, or combine with peppermint essential oil and apply topically for localized pain relief.
- Intermittent fasting – digestion is the most energetically-demanding process accomplished by the body. Taking breaks from eating encourages a shift into cellular repair mode and allows the body to clean up damage and debris from the day. Start with a 12-hour fast and work up to 16 hours to help prevent age-related chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s.
When you take care of your body, it rewards you with health, vigor and vitality. The skin is your largest organ and a true reflection of your internal environment. When you take care of yourself, your skin is glowing, cheeks rosy, whites of the eyes bright, nails strong and breath naturally fresh. Instead of spending a fortune on anti-aging creams, treatments and procedures, we encourage you to get ahead of the game with diet and lifestyle. By eating clean and living naturally, you’ll establish habits that are more in line with Mother Nature to support health from the inside out!