Each day, you wake up with a clean slate and a new opportunity to make different, potentially better, choices. The first inputs, be it food, beverages, thoughts, news and/or social media, have a lot of power. One of the best things you can do for yourself (and your family) is prepare and enjoy a well-balanced breakfast. Having the right combination of nutrients first thing in the morning – fat, fiber and protein – sets the tone for your hunger and cravings, hormones, energy and mood for the day.
- Eating a power breakfast is one of the best ways to set yourself (and your family) up for success.
- A breakfast containing fat, fiber and protein balances blood sugar for hunger and craving control, and sustainable energy, brain power and mood.
- The following breakfast options will help keep you balanced and boosted on even the busiest of days: Nourished® Superfood Smoothies, eggs and veggies, avocado toast or overnight oats.
- Short on time in the morning? Stop in the Nourished® Kitchen Market to shop our 8 different Superfood Smoothie varieties. From our Energizer and Fat Burner to our Kids’ Smart Start, these nutrient-dense, blend-at-home smoothies are ready within seconds and carefully formulated to keep you full for hours!
Why fat, fiber and protein? Fat takes the longest to digest. Incorporating healthy fats such as avocado, nut butter, and nuts and seeds into your meals will help you stay full for longer.
Fiber is a plant-based nutrient that’s often referred to as “bulk” or “roughage.” Found in whole grains, legumes (beans, peas, lentils), vegetables, fruit, and nuts and seeds, fiber not only helps keep you sustained, but also promotes bowel regularity. Regular bowels help detoxify, normalize cholesterol levels, support hormonal balance and keep internal organs functioning optimally.
Protein is the most satiating macronutrient coming from foods such as beans, eggs, fish, and nuts and seeds. Protein also balances feel-good chemicals in the brain and revs the metabolism to help support mood balance, sustained energy and an increased caloric burn!
Need well-balanced breakfast options that are healthy and enjoyable? We’ve got you covered with our easy, go-to favorites:
- Nourished Superfood Smoothies – loaded with fruit and veggies, superfood boosters, grass-fed collagen and probiotics, our ready-to-blend smoothies are a great way to pack in a megadose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Developed by our Nutritionist, all 8 varieties are carefully formulated to provide you with key nutrients needed for satiety. Available for purchase Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, these are great for busy mornings as they take just seconds to prepare!
- Eggs and Veggies – whether you’re into scrambles, omelets or hashes, the combination of eggs (protein + healthy fat) with seasonal veggies (fiber) is one that will surely sustain you until lunch.
- Avocado Toast – this seemingly simple combo is a trendy crowd-pleaser. DIY by toasting a hearty piece of bread, preferably sprouted or at least 100% whole wheat, and top it with mashed avocado, a dash of sea salt and pepper. Finish with a sprinkle of hemp seeds or a soft-boiled egg for that protein component and voila, breakfast in a flash!
- Overnight Oats – packed with fiber, this easy grab ‘n go breakfast is a blank canvas with countless flavor combinations. Pair cacao powder with banana and cacao nibs for a chocolate creation; blueberries and walnuts for a brain-boosting blend; pumpkin, pumpkin spice and toasted almonds for a taste of fall.
Instead of falling into the typical American pattern of starting off your day with cereal, a bagel, pancakes, or even worse—nothing at all—we encourage you to carve out a few extra minutes in the morning for breakfast. Eating a well-balanced meal containing fat, fiber and protein within the first hour or two of rising is important for working professionals, stay-at-home moms, kids and students alike, as it energizes, balances and boosts brain power for the day.