Trying to lose weight, beat the bloat, prevent acid reflux and sleep better at night? We have a simple solution for you: eat earlier dinners! Closing the kitchen at least three hours before bed is a seemingly small habit shift that can yield big results. Why? Because it aligns with your body’s natural circadian rhythm and restores balance in all systems of the body.
- Improve digestion, weight loss, energy and sleep by eating earlier, lighter dinners.
- Eating larger meals earlier in the day at least three hours before bed will boost the metabolism, and help fight gas, bloating and acid reflux.
- If you have adrenal fatigue, diabetes or hypoglycemia, a small snack—such as a Chill Pill Gelatin Shot or mug of Pastured Chicken Bone Broth—before bed may be helpful to assist in blood sugar balance and sustaining a full night of sleep.
- Shop our organic Kitchen Market for light and simple dinners that meet our stamp of approval—try our Cleanse Soups, or pre-order our popular Salad of the Week for clean eating made easy!
Here are the top benefits of eating earlier dinners:
- Accelerated Fat Burn – in many ways, your body synchs with Mother Nature. One of the top ways it does so is aligning your metabolism with the time of day. At noon, when the sun is highest in the sky, your digestive “fire” (your metabolism) is at its peak. Eating lighter meals for breakfast and dinner, and larger lunches, will rev your metabolism to boost energy, support weight loss and enhance brain power.
- Improved Sleep – when you are in digestion mode, you quite simply cannot be in rest, restore and repair mode. Thus, when you eat a late heavy dinner, your energy is diverted to digestion rather than sleep.
- Less Bloating – digestion, especially of animal protein, is a process that can take 8 or more hours. The earlier you eat and finish your last meal, the more time you give your system to process the food you just consumed. This will allow you to wake feeling lighter and more refreshed.
- Less Reflux Symptoms – acid reflux is an all-too-common symptom that can be dramatically improved with diet and lifestyle modification. One of our top tips for easing digestive symptoms is to maintain good posture (and not lay down) during and after eating—let gravity work for you and assist in the process.
Eating larger meals earlier in the day, and lighter easily digestible dinners (think soup + salad) at least three hours before bedtime supports digestion, weight loss, sleep and energy. If you are struggling with adrenal fatigue, diabetes or hypoglycemia, a small snack—such as our Chill Pill Power Gelatin Shot or Pastured Chicken Bone Broth—before bed may be helpful to assist in blood sugar balance and sustaining a full night of sleep.
Want more guidance? Consider a 30-minute Q&A Session with our Nutritionist. Alternatively, for a deeper dive into things, invest in a 90-minute Custom Consultation to assess your nutrition and wellness goals in-depth, and work together to meet them with personalized tips and techniques. Plus, shop our organic Kitchen Market for light and simple dinners that meet our stamp of approval—try our Cleanse Soups, or pre-order our popular Salad of the Week for clean eating made easy!