Weight loss is a multi-billion-dollar industry. From keto and paleo diets to Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers, there’s certainly no shortage of weight loss protocols on the market. However, given 95% of dieters regain the amount they lost (and then some) within 3-5 years, “diets” are FAR from a long-term solution.
- Given 95% of dieters regain the weight they lost (and then some) within 3-5 years, “diets” are FAR from a long-term solution.
- By adding in metabolism-boosting foods such as cayenne pepper, matcha, coconut oil, salmon, bone broth, dark leafy greens and water, you can achieve results faster.
- If you’re looking to jumpstart the weight loss process, join us for our Master 3-Day Detox on Tuesday, September 22! This all-inclusive weight loss program will provide you with all of the meals, supplements and tonics you need to reset, rebalance and de-bloat. Click here to learn more and register, today! Registration is required and spots are limited.
Although it’s been proven time and time again that restrictive protocols aren’t sustainable, cleaning up your diet is a non-negotiable when it comes to weight loss. So much, in fact, that dietary shifts have been shown to contribute up to 80% of the results!
So, what are the top foods to accelerate weight loss? Our Nutritionist lists our top picks to add to your diet, here:
- Cayenne pepper – capsaicin, the active component of chili peppers, is an appetite suppressant that revs the metabolism by increasing core body temperature. Add a sprinkle to your lemon water in the morning or enjoy a couple of our Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters to take advantage of this thermogenic (increased caloric expenditure) effect.
- Matcha – this type of finely ground green tea powder contains a concentrated dose of EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), a powerful antioxidant that boosts the metabolism and halts fat cell growth. Best incorporated into your morning routine, matcha’s caffeine, vitamin C and other antioxidants are energizing and brain-boosting. New to matcha? Nourished has you covered! Stop in our Kitchen Market Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm to pick up an Adaptogenic Matcha Latte or Energizer Superfood Smoothie. These morning wellness essentials are sure to get you started on the right foot for the day!
- Coconut oil – packed with MCTs (medium chain triglycerides), coconut oil’s unique fatty acid profile helps your body burn fat for fuel rather than storing it as fat on the body. Given its higher smoke point, coconut oil is one of our go-to oils for cooking at high heat. It can also be added to smoothies, coffee or homemade treats for that extra metabolic boost.
- Salmon – of the three macronutrients (carbs, fat and protein), protein is most known for speeding the metabolism and keeping you full for longer. Rich in omega-3 fats, selenium and B vitamins, protein-packed salmon is one of the best foods for lowering inflammation, boosting thyroid function and supporting the adrenal glands. But not all salmon is created equal. At Nourished, we offer individually vacuumed-sealed fillets of wild-caught Alaskan salmon that are flash-frozen to lock in freshness and all of the powerful nutrients.
- Bone broth – amino acids, the building blocks of protein, combine with minerals, collagen and gelatin to support gut health, immunity, bone strength, joint lubrication and hunger control. Our 100% Pastured Chicken Bone Broth is low in sodium and can be used as a base for homemade soups. Plus, it’s so tasty that we encourage you to sip on it like a cup of tea throughout the day!
- Dark leafy greens – packed with fiber, minerals and antioxidants, dark leafy greens such as kale, arugula, spinach, swiss chard, parsley, basil and mint are filling, bowel-regulating and detoxifying. They’ve also been shown to help curb sugar cravings. Green juice anyone?
- Water – given the human body is 75% water, every single function from brain power to digestion works better when you are well hydrated. Plus, drinking water can boost your metabolism by up to 30%!
From matcha green tea to bone broth, there’re many foods that you can add to your diet to help boost your metabolism and move the needle on that scale. But it’s important to note that healthy weight loss takes time. If you’re looking to jumpstart the process, join us for our Master 3-Day Detox on Tuesday, September 22! This all-inclusive weight loss program will provide you with all of the meals, supplements and tonics you will need to flush toxins from the liver, clear the channels of elimination, reset hunger and cravings, and take inflammation levels WAY down. The result: weight loss, less bloating, and improved energy, mood and mental clarity. So, what are you waiting for? Click here to sign up today!